New: Use Managed Accounts to get the first 300 AutoOrders in each of your stores FREE, every month.
Managed Accounts — take away the headache of opening, maintaining, and funding an Amazon account, allowing you to focus on growing your business.
Using managed accounts is totally free! You just pay the standard AutoOrdering fee.
Managed accounts are currently only available for Amazon US, UK, and Germany.
Benefits of Managed Accounts
- Never lose a sale due to an Amazon account issue
- Scale to thousands of orders a day
- Take advantage of Amazon Prime Two-Day shipping at no extra cost
- Automatic handling of cancellations and returns
- Dedicated customer support team available to handle any issues with orders on Managed Accounts
- Pay no sales tax on the vast majority of orders when you use tax-exempt Managed Accounts (must complete simple paperwork). State exceptions may apply. Please note we will not refund taxes charged unless the charge is the result of a bug.
Using a Managed Account
Using a Managed Account involves you in two ways: funding and customer service.
A Managed Account requires you to maintain a balance with us. See instructions for funding your managed account. This balance is fully refundable at any time via PayPal. We draw from this balance for each order we place on your behalf.
*As long as you are buying for resale, you qualify for sales tax exemption on your Managed Account orders. You must fill out this form to enable the tax exemption. If you have not completed that form, you may be charged sales tax on your Managed Account orders. Contact us if you have questions about this.
You can fund you Managed Account balance using PayPal "MassPay" / "Payouts" without a fee. You are responsible for keeping your Managed Account balance sufficiently funded for your order volume.
Our automatic returns and cancellation functionality supports the vast majority of orders processed using Managed Accounts. For the small number of orders that do not, our support team will assist you in resolving customer issues: just open a Case.
For detailed instructions on enabling Managed Accounts, check out our step by step guide.